Yeti GOBOX Collection

Any pool players out there?

jvanhoy

Teaching my son the basics. This is a game I’ve always loved. He’s 13 and picking up on it pretty quick. If I can get get him to slow down a little he will be hard to handle in a few years. Any other billiard fans out there?
F88E7A08-1D19-480B-9DE7-32896167F65F.jpeg

I (unfortunately) grew up playing pool in my fathers bars. I’m a righty but shoot pool lefty (father and brother are left handed). My father used to bet people his “son” could beat them left handed. Made a little money but father was an asshole doing it. Good on you actually doing it to spend time with your boy 👍🏻

I (unfortunately) grew up playing pool in my fathers bars. I’m a righty but shoot pool lefty (father and brother are left handed). My father used to bet people his “son” could beat them left handed. Made a little money but father was an asshole doing it. Good on you actually doing it to spend time with your boy 👍🏻
I thought I was the only one. I shoot, write, whatever else right handed but pool I shoot left handed. I cant barely hit the que ball right handed.

I remember as a little kid going to the Elks lodge with my dad. My grandpa was usually there, and they had a foot stool that I stood on so I could shoot pool with him. Drank a lot of free pitchers of beer during my college days thanks to that early training!

Good portion of my youth was spent in Smokey pool halls. In my late 20’s and early 30’s I always had a table somewhere in the house. Haven’t played much since I lived in MT but now and then I’ve been known to sneek out and run a table or two.

We had a table growing up. I used to go down to the pool hall every once in a while and take a few bucks from the guys from school who hung out there and thought they were pros.

@nick87 lol... I’m all fugged up! Played a lot of ball, threw righty hit lefty, at one point shot my rifles right, my bow left, bowled right-pool left, combination of not a real dominate eye coupled with a father/brother who were lefties 🤷🏻‍♂️

Played some in my youth. Small dollar on 9 ball.
Was very poor and survived.

Loved snooker table.

Loved 9 ball on a snooker table. The skill does not last!

If you think you are still good, you are not. You are the person that you were trying to play in your
20's.

Last edited:
As I was growing up my dad was one heck of a pool player. He won several small time 8-ball tournaments in Vegas in the 70's.
Every now and then dad would take us down to the pool hall and try to teach us, of course we never got as good as him even when he was in his 70's. I still shoot pool quite often.
When we bought this house, one of the requirements was that it had to have room for a full size pool table. :)

Haven't played in a couple of years but when I did it was near daily with some very good players. The better I played, the better they played. I could hang but never saw the passing lane and never played for dough. Mostly straight 8/any foul ball in hand.....some 9.

Last edited:
I just bought a pool table for the shop last year. Played a lot when I was young and then there was about a 30 year gap with very little playing. The comment above about losing the skill when you don't play is dead on. There are a lot of you tube videos with tips and training that are actually pretty good to watch.

I used to play all the time when I was in college, while working part-time bartending at the VFW. If VFW, Elks, Moose, American Legion are your thing, that would be a good place to find him some competition once he gets good enough to start schooling you on the reg.

Played a lot in college and had my own table at home. I was good and have the trophies to prove it. But missing a lot class tends to effect grades. Finally wised up and quit the pool and focused on class. Haven’t played in years and don’t miss it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back