Caribou Gear

Any Pittsburghers Here?

FamilyMan

Heading to Pittsburgh this weekend for my first ever Steelers game. They play the Seahawks this Sunday night. Where would you recommend for some good meals. Will arrive Saturday after lunch and be in town until Monday afternoon. Hotel is in downtown across the river from the stadium (not renting a car). Concerned about huge crowds anywhere we might want to eat Sunday before the game. Any tips on how to get the most out of the stadium experience by veteran Steeler fans also welcome.

Comments on how bad the Steelers look this year not necessary. I know that, but my son bought he and I game tickets for Father's Day and we are looking forward to the trip from Montana to PA (my home state) for the game.

Thanks!

A Steeler game is always a blast, win or lose, so enjoy it. There will be a lot of people out and about on Sunday and most places will likely be busy.
If you get the chance, go to Gaucho's downtown for dinner - one of, if not the best in the city. Its an Argentinian wood fired restaurant. Everything on the menu is awesome and reasonably priced.
The Warren Bar downtown usually has a real good whiskey selection.
The strip district is only a 10-15 minute walk from downtown and there's lots of shops and watering holes to explore.
Pamela's in the strip district is great for breakfast, expect a line to get in. A true yinzer tradition is Primanti Bros. also in the strip, giant sandwiches with fries and slaw on them. I'm not a huge fan but many like them.

Last edited:
Lets go Seahawks ;) (only spoken as Ravens fan). Seriously though, never been to the stadium but I hope you have a great time with the family.

I like Primanti Bros for a sandwich and a beer. My wife, daughter, and I really like their wings, too.

I lived the first 24 years of my life about 40 minutes north of Pittsburgh but never saw a Stiller's game live (don't tell anyone).
I enjoy football, just avoided 'dahn tahn' (said in my natural Pittsburgh-ese accent) at all costs.
In 24 years, probably been to the city maybe 5 times...

@FamilyMan Can't believe yinz didn't get a Primantis Bros. hoagie and worsh it dahn with a cold arn.
Glad yinz had a good trip and nat. Making memories!

The better question would be who would admit it. lol

Muphere's....lol

My sister lives there. Shes all about the place.

Me, not so much. Too much of a bad taste in my mouth from dealing with trespassers on my land that live there.

"Where are you from?" ...."Allegheny County" is almost always the answer.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back