Any of you guys got a Good Broke Coon Dog?

Justin

I first decided to try to find me a puppy and break it but to give a couple hundred bucks for a puppy that might not be worth shooting doesnt exactly make sense to me since I would like to be hunting instead of chasing down a puppy,besides no body around has a broke dog to help with the training. If anyone has any pretty good started or finished dogs for sale give me a hollar.
"Orginal Home of Hillbilly Bobby"

Justin, Check out Coonhound centeral's classifieds, I know I have seen hounds for sale in your neck of the woods.
biggrin.gif

Buyer beware though....... Some of the adds there are a little shady, Make sure you have a good idea of what your getting.
biggrin.gif

Jason-How is Scoop doing? Have ya caught a coon yet for them to chase for practice? Keep me posted on things as ya progress. If ya get some snow ya aught to go get a lion yet this year. When does your season end there? Justin, I know a guy in rawlins that has a coon dog he may let go. I guess its a lion dog also, its out of Vern Phillips dogs. If ya dont find a good one let me know and I will give ya his number. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Doug,
It is snowing right know and I have one spot left open, we are going to try to get out this weekend but I have a lot going on so will have to see. He is doing great. Had a cold so haven't got a chance to go set my trap, I will I have to keep after that now that we got Sayko going. Talk to you later!!

Cathunt

Nope I havent found one yet I hate to talk to these guys in these books that are advertising dogs for sale they will tell you anything.Guys Ive coon hunted since I was old enough to walk and Ive hunted in Pro Hunts since I was 16 but I got out of it the last 4years and I want to get back.What Im getting at is I know what a coondog is and these guys that are putting there dogs in the classified ads well there aint much too them dogs. Ive been there and done that. BCat if the dog your talking about is a good ol decent hound that will tree a coon night in and night out let me know I dont need no trash to deal with and I dont want something on its last leg either ya know what I mean. Im getting off work here in a hour so It will probally be sunday before Im back on here again. Thanks Guys for all the help by the way.

Justin I know an old man who is getting out of the business (he can't walk hardly) so I will ask him if he wants to sell some of his dogs, if you are interested. These dogs are very good on coon, he doesn't take them to any high profile meets, just hunts local. His wife past away last year and he is a little on the lost side and just sitting around the house mostly these days. So do let me know if you are interested ok.
biggrin.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back