Any info on Utah Southwest Desert elk?

james_wvu

Hey guys, my hotas- girlfriend and I drew cow tags for the Southwest Desert of Utah. Only been through there a few times this summer--never hunted it. I know it has monster bulls as evidenced by the Mossback videos. I was wondering if anyone would throw a few tidbits of info my way to lessen the scouting some. Has anyone hunted the unit before?? I thank you in advance for any help you throw my way.

Try just south of St. George... next to the I-15 turn left at the pilot gas station... then hunt the gravel pit by the peter piper... its loaded with cows.

Yep, whatever. Easy to insult someone while you hide behind a computer screen. That takes a mighty big set. But I'll let you have your day on here because I guaran-F-tee you that you havent said that in real life to anyone besides your little sister because you don't have a set. So let it go.

Lets see...some dickweed gripes about the NR's being capped in AZ...but doesnt have the smarts to hunt a cow elk????

Ask your little sister for some help or go watch another mossback video.

If you have a set you should be able to bag the elusive cow.

Well if you knew anything about the Southwest Desert you would know it has few elk and the unit is about the size of a 1/6 of Utah. They aren't standing behind every tree like up in Wyoming thats why is has such good draw odds. Few people want to put in the work required to kill a slickhead. Maybe instead of asking my little sister, I'll ask yours hump

SW Desert is one of Utah's premier elk areas. I'm sure killing a cow elk there will be a real challenge. Here's an outfitter that would be a good fit for client like you. Click here: Boy George's Elk Hunting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malaskabound20032000@yaho
Back