Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Any Idahoans with subscriptions to the Lewistown Tribune?

katqanna

An article came up on my feed this morning, but it requires a subscription, they dont have a guest subscription. I was wondering if someone from Idaho had the full article? I am curious if this is simply a private landowner closing access through their private lands that they have a right to do or if similar situation to that here in Montana are taking place, like illegal signage and "steroid driven" guards harassing the public?

Texas brothers mum on land plans

Billionaires Farris and Don Wilks have purchased thousands of acres in Idaho County, and some locals say they have restricted access to their property

Over the past six years, two Texas billionaire brothers have bought about 38,000 acres of land on the Joseph Plains in Idaho County and apparently have closed access to local residents for hunting and recreation.

According to the Idaho County Assessor's Office, beginning in 2008, Farris and Dan Wilks of Cisco, Texas, started purchasing ranches, including the Evergreen Land and Cattle Co., owned by the Hitchcock family, and the Robbins-France ranch in western Idaho County, worth a combined total of $2.4 million. The final transaction took place in September...

I saw this as well, very disturbing...I know hate them twice as much as when they were just doing it in Montana. I've hunted this area quite a bit...bastards.

I don't think buying the Hitchcock ranch will impact any access, there was none before. Tho I know a handful of people that were able to access the Hitchcock ranch......prolly over now.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back