Yeti GOBOX Collection

Any Ice Hockey Players out there?

Huntin' Fool

Played hockey until I was 15 - then started back up 10 years ago - Play and referree, during the season on the ice 3 - 4 days a week. We have hockey in the summer here and get on the ice 1 - 2 times a week. Turning 59 next week - hockey is an incredible workout and keeps me in shape.

I am what you would probably call and adult onset hockey player. I have always been a fan, but didn't play as a kid. It is definately tougher to develop the skills as an adult vs kid.

One here. Started really late (when my now adult kids started). Turning 50 next month and play in a organized recreation pickup league here in Cheyenne on Sunday nights. No hockey here in the summer though. Have to wait until September.

My dad had a 1/2 acre fish pond in the backyard. Played with friends a little growing up. Hockey wasn't that big in the Chicago area in the mid to late 90's. Now its crazy popular. So I never played in a league. I wrestled from 1st grade until my senior year of high school so my winters were already booked. Was already playing football, soccer, baseball then track and cross country later on. Wish I played hockey more. Still play a little pond hockey every now and then. But yeah, it is a workout. I just found out last night George Brett owns the WHL tri city team and his brother owns the Spokane Chiefs WHL team.

I was trying to get a group of friends to go to Vegas to watch the Blackhawks in February. But taking my friends to Vegas has bad idea written all over it.

Love hockey! I played from age 4. Lost touch with it a few years back for lack of time. Did some skating with my little boy last winter though, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it with him. There is no better workout for me. I run daily, and I still can't stand it. Something about chasing a little chunk of rubber around the ice that makes you forget about your level of exertion.

P.S. the "ice" in front of hockey is implied to us Minnesotans.

Yep, play in adult league, play pond hockey, and coach both of my kids teams. My basement looks like a cross between a hockey locker room and a Cabelas warehouse!

Played from ages 12 to about 21. Played a good bit of roller hockey and deck hockey too. I haven't played in about 13 years now. I don't really watch the NHL or anything despite living in the home of the back2back stanley cup champs.

Wish I still did. Not much opportunity in NM. Still love to watch college and the NHL playoffs, but miss my days in Fairbanks as a grad student when we'd play every Wednesday at 10 pm all winter long. Seemed like everybody played up there - from 5 to 65 years old, men and women.
No workout like it!

Played 3-5 nights a week until I had a major heart issue and was put on the bench for life. Still coach junior hockey when needed. Miss playing, but hunting and being alive is more important.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back