Any Ice fisherman/women?

DGF

I never did much ice fishing till this year. I've been making it out about 3-4 times a week recently and I think I'm getting addicted. Anyone else out there with ice doing any fishing?

Only got out once this winter, caught some crappies and a few bluegills. Didn't make it up to Ontario for lake trout this winter either, maybe next year. We still have about 2-3 feet of ice on the lakes around here from what I have been hearing, and the snow keeps falling. Is spring ever going to get here? Spring goose season opened the other day, we don't get many snow geese around here though, have to go to North Dakota for them. Crow season opens Tuesday, will definately be out trying to blast them black sky rats!

I was probably out about 10 times this year. Mostly northerns, but I did catch a few trout as well.

I do lots of ice fishing here in Wisconsin mostly for pike and bluegills but fishing has been slow this year. We have had a spell of warm weather so we are pulling our shacks off the ice a little early this year.

I haven't done as much fishing as years past, but I get out as much as possible. Been doing quite well on crappie and bluegill lately. I hope to get out and pound some walleye and crappie next weekend.

Finally got an Ontario lake trout trip planned for the first weekend in April. We will have to take the four wheelers up since the snow will be getting a little bit on the thin side, hopefully the ice is not! I found a moose shed up there last spring, will try to take some time and look for some more this time around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back