Any Hunt Talkers in Southern California

jquigley

Well, it looks like the girlfriend and I are leaving the great white north. We're headed back to our home town of San Diego in mid to late march for a few months to spend time with the family before settling down (probably near Denver.)

While I'm around, I'd love to get together with any Hunt Talkers and grab a coffee or a beer. I can use all the advice I can get. Especially if I'm going to be stupid enough to attempt a hunt on my own. Hoping to chase some Turkey or Pigs while I'm out there, but we'll see!

You northern or central California people feel free to chime in as well! I spend a lot of time in both areas.

I'm up in Big Bear Lake a couple hours north of SD. Hunt this area a lot so hit me up if you have any questions or are wanting to get out on a hunt.

Daniel

I would have left the North as summer ended. I had a buddy transfer from San Diego to Amsterdam in May which was not great timing to leave what would be a wonderful SoCal summer but Amsterdam was a big promotion so moved with pregnant wife. Child born but the following May took a new job in Australia so moved wife and newborn thus missed that summer completely then moved back to San Diego the next year in October so missed another summer as a result. His wife was pregnant with second child and declared no more missed summers. They have not moved in a decade.

I am more depressed about missing the spring in Boston than I would be about missing the San Diego summer, but that's life!

Muley, I love big bear and had no idea you could hunt the area. Would love to meet up and learn whatever I could from you. Will touch base when I'm in town.

Jquigley,

Hunting is tough around here but can be done. I have taken 3 mule deer in the past 2 years from this area.

The first is this past years from the Big Bear area, and the second is from 2013 out in the desert northeast of Big Bear.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 209
  • 20131020_091657.jpg
    20131020_091657.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 213
Beautiful bucks man! Look forward to meeting you and learning anything I can. It is all very new to me, aside from getting skunked that is :)

Do you get out for spring turkey or pig at all? I understand pigs are relatively tough out there but I'm looking forward to having the chance to at least be outdoors and practice finding game regardless of the time of year.

Beautiful bucks man! Look forward to meeting you and learning anything I can. It is all very new to me, aside from getting skunked that is :)

Do you get out for spring turkey or pig at all? I understand pigs are relatively tough out there but I'm looking forward to having the chance to at least be outdoors and practice finding game regardless of the time of year.

Pigs yes, I usually get a chance to take a pig each year. This one is from a couple years ago. Ive tried for turkeys in San Diego county, there are quite a few of them there but are hard to get into with all of the private land up in the hills.

Attachments

• 20130504_071607.jpg
    20130504_071607.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 199
Very excited to meet you when I get out there Muley. I don't bring many skills to the table but a lot of enthusiasm and I usually buy the first round when the hunt is over.

Let me know when you are up this way, beer/whiskey is on me. If you're interested in salmon fishing I'm always looking to find 6 people to book a trip on a boat my buddy is a Captain of.

I have never fished salmon but I'm readily willing to embarrass myself!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back