MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any Good Recipes for Bear

VPHUNTER

Going bear hunting in 8 weeks for my first bear.Anyone have any good bear recipes.I hear it's very good for sausage, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

I've only killed 3 bear myself.... And have been with Wylee for 2 kills.... I've found that the GArbage pail method orks the best.... :D :D

Seriousley though, I have tried several things.. First year it was Breakfast sausage, 2nd year was steaks and burger, 3rd was ALL Salamii .... I still stick with "YUCK" :D :D

Hey Moosie,
Be careful with what you write please.If my wife sees your post this may be my only bear hunt.I used the old one "I'm trying to provide good food for my family so I must go on this bear hunt". :D :D
I've heard it can be gamey but I've also heard it is pretty good cooked right.I figure at the worst I can make a bunch of sausage and burger out of it for chilli and stuff like that were you never really get the true flavor anyway.
Again, please watch those comments and please don't say anything about mt. lions,antelope, sheep, elk, moose, muledeer,hogs, or any other species I may choose to " try to provide food for my family" while hunting. :D :D

Mike

VPHunter - Better not let the wife see all the receipts either...New rifle, ammo, gas, pit stops, camp entertainment, etc....

Riverwild,
Already got that covered.I bought a new rifle back in Jan. just for the trip.I bought a Ruger M77 in 30.06.It's got SS barrel and laminated stock topped with a Leupold Vari-X 3 scope.I told the wife I "HAD" to have it to get that bear.Now that I think about it my Remington 11-87 I bought last year may have worked,,,,.Oh well :D:D.
Now next year when I start planning my next hunt all I need to do is mention all the money "WE" spent on that gun, and how I need to use it to justify the money "WE" spent on it. ;);)
As for all the other expenses involed I'll just pay cash.I've already told her this place is in the middle of no where so cash is the only way to buy things---- no receipts. :D
She must really enjoy making me think I'm getting away with something. :D:D She's a good women like that.

Mike

vphunter,
What is your address, and when are you going hunting? Loudon is not that far from Bangor, and after reading your post, my wife thinks your wife should go shopping while you are away. Oh BTW, since you have to pay cash WAY back there in the woods, leave your credit cards with the wife. Good luck, and DON'T WORRY! Brownie

Only had bear once. It was a spring bear. Smoked a roast on my smoker and it was delicious, some of the best meat I have had.

The best recipie for spring bears is to cut out the gall bladder, dry it and let me sell it in China town *L*
I wish I had a good recepie for bear. I sure hated to see a unopened carcus thrown away. I did not know about triganosis (SP) but wild pigs have had this for years and I never bothered to glove up to clean them.
and I have ate better wild pork than from some I have raised.
SAVE THEM GALL BLADDERS :D

Brownie,
My address? Which one, e-mail or street?I'll give both. 241 Clough Pond Rd, Loudon NH 03307. Me E-mail is [email protected].
No Bangor's not that far from here, about 4 hours.I'm going the last week in August which is the opening week in bear season.I'm going to Sebec Lake and hunting with Sunset Ridge Outfitters.I'm really looking forward to the trip.
As far as the wife going shopping tell your wife not to worry, my wife needs no special occasion to pull out the plastic and have herself a ball. :D :D

Talk to you soon.

Mike ;)

Hey Mike,my name is Peter and I live bout an hr from Sebec.I was raised on bearmeat,deermeat,an beet greens along with good ol maine potatoes.Bear meat is best if you trim off all fat,and I mean ALL fat.The fat(to me at least)is what gives it a strong flavor.I prefer all roasts.The younger the bear the better.I like bear liver better than any liver on this planet!Have a good,safe fun trip and if you get any free days,look me up.My phone# is 746-9455.

Peter,
Good to hear from you.Where in Maine do you live?I've spent the last 7 years in sales and have spent at least 2-3 days a week in Maine.Up untill a year ago I was going as far north as Houlton once a week.Chances are pretty good I know where abouts your from.I'll certainly take your # along and will give you a call if my hunt ends early!Hopefully it will!!!!!!!!
Maybe I can look you up on the way up if your south of Sebec.I'll be going up Sunday and the season opens monday.Only 7 more weeks and counting.

I'll talk to you soon.

Mike :cool:

Ahhh And THERE are New friendships made here again ..... :D My heart shines.... !!!!!!!

Sorry about MY recipie... But I have to stick to it :D

Yessir moosie,friendships are what life is all about,to me at least.Mike,I live an hr north of bangor an an hr south of houlton.Just off 95 on rte116 tween lincoln an medway.Hope you have a chance to look me up.

Mainejac,
I know your area pretty well.I've done work in both of the Millinocket mills and at Lincoln Paper over the years.I actually dated a girl from Millinocket for a while years ago.Some good hunting up your way for sure.I'll definately have to see what the week brings, and will certainly try to touch base with you while up there.Talk to you soon.

Mike

I know a good reciepe for Duck. I might belong here acording to some of your replys.

Stuff one wild duck whith a even mix of rice and horse manure.
Bake for 2 hours at 350
Remove the ice/manure mix from the duck.
Toss the duck in the garbage and eat the rice/manure stuffing.

John

Back