Any dentists???

buglum

I have been accepted to dental school and will be leaving Montana for four years.:mad: Are there any dentists on this forum that would be interested in exchanging a few PM's? I'm trying to get some ideas about your quality of life in regards to hunting/fishing/outdoors. Thanks!!!

Congrats on getting accepted! I'm getting ready to graduate here in a little over a month. What school did you get in to?

You're hunting time will definitely be cut down a bit depending on where you end up but it's definitely possible to get out. Maybe I should have hunted less and my grades could have been a little better...but the good news is they will still be calling me Doctor ;)

Your own practice with nothing but a bunch of skirts running around and your the only dude, making a buttload of money. Four years is a small sacrifice IMO.

Everyone assumes you make tons of money but when you graduate with $400,000 in loans, you spend 10-25 years paying them off which puts me at 36yrs+ before I am debt free. I just trying to get a feel if it is as glorious as it many think.

Your own practice with nothing but a bunch of skirts running around and your the only dude, with nothing but a bunch of catty drama queens making you crazy and making a buttload of money. Four years is a small sacrificeIMO.

There fixed it for you. My wife's sole job is to keep the women in the office from making her boss(the dentist) crazy.

I think it is that glorious. My buddy from undergrad, who practices dentistry in BY GOD WEST VIRGINA, bought a giant house with plenty of toys and takes several ski and beach trips a year (with his family of four). He just turned 30. I would imagine having that much in student loans hanging over your head could be daunting right now, but get back to me when you're making at least six figures.

...isn't Obama gon' take care of our teef?:confused::eek:

You'd be surprised at how many people honestly thought that after he was elected. Had one lady in my clinic who refused to pay for her work because, "Obama said we didn't have to pay no mo!" :rolleyes:

My older brother decided that a Phd in English Lit teaching at a University was for the birds so at age 36 he walked away from academia and went to dental school at USC.

He disliked living in L.A. greatly but he wrung it out and bought a small dental practice in Coastal Central CA. He's got a mountain of debt, but he works 32 hours a week and he's on track to being very well off financially.

Seems like a good gig!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back