Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Any cross bow guys on here.

Preacher shaner

I have hab to move away from my bow that huntef with for the last 16 or 17 years to a cross bow. And i hate it. But thats what i got to use right now. How may of yall have used one out west. And if you dont mind what broad head do you use. And what states are the most friendly.

CO hunter here, where Xbows are only legal for archery season w a disability statement from your Dr. that you are physically unable to use a trad or compound bow. That Dr's opinion gets you a permit from CPW to use Xbow or draw lock during archery season. Almost all Xbow hunting in CO happens during rifle seasons when there are no limits on Xbow use. Good luck. My Mission MXB likes 125 gr 3 blade fixed Bheads, like basic Muzzies.

Last edited:
My dad switched over to crossbow a couple years ago. He has used the G5 Striker Crossbow broadheads with success. That said, all of his shots so far have been really close.
I believe Wyoming is very liberal with allowing crossbows during archery unless that has changed

Have been using a crossbow for several years due to a torn rotator cuff. Mine shoots Muzzy 3 blade 100gr as well as field tips. Have shot several deer with them, none went far.

Wyoming is definitely crossbow friendly. Guys i know that use them use 125 Iron Will broadheads for crossbows and take a lot of cow elk with them. I always wanted to see how they would shoot with 200 or 225 gr.

I just recently regained my range of motion from shoulder injuries I sustained on the job. I used a cross bow and didn't care for it. I am back to my bow.

Wyoming has had bills proposed every year to do away with crossbow hunting sometimes with exemptions for predators. So far none have passed. Right now it is legal to use cross bows to hunt in Wyoming EXCEPT in the HMA that I hunt antelope archery on FE Warren AFB.

Wyoming has had bills proposed every year to do away with crossbow hunting sometimes with exemptions for predators. So far none have passed.

If this is true, those "bills" have never made it to the legislature. At least I haven't seen a bill there in the last ten years addressing crossbows.

The G&F took comments last year on crossbows and we were told public support to leave them legal during special archery season was overwhelming.

If this is true, those "bills" have never made it to the legislature. At least I haven't seen a bill there in the last ten years addressing crossbows.

The G&F took comments last year on crossbows and we were told public support to leave them legal during special archery season was overwhelming.

I work with the State of Wyoming and part of my job is to track the bills. As soon as I am home and I can do the research, I will pull up the proposed bills. They had been submitted but none have ever cleared committee.

Don't get me wrong, being a person with two major shoulder surgeries, I fully support hunting with crossbows and did before I got hurt. There is no real reason to bar use of crossbows even though they do that in the HMA on FE Warren. I was one who testified in favor of keeping crossbows when it went before the Commission last few years.

I work with the State of Wyoming and part of my job is to track the bills. As soon as I am home and I can do the research, I will pull up the proposed bills. They had been submitted but none have ever cleared committee.
I didn't think there were any bills during the legislative session that I remembered. But I also follow TRW. The only topic I remember there was Commission authority on new technologies. I would look forward to see them, if you could find any past attempts on this Doug.

Only reason I don't use a crossbow at my age is because FE Warren does not allow use of crossbows on base except on the archery range for target shooting. I am looking for freezer meat for antelope this year and this is easiest place for me to do that. My type 1 I drew is "any antelope" and I drew two doe tags on top of that.

People that attempt to restrict use of crossbows for hunting do not understand what they are. They think crossbows shoot same as a rifle and they do not. Thay still have the same limited range that a long bow or compound bow has. It's just that the release and cocking is mechanically assisted. The people who wrote the bills in Wyoming and in other states to restrict use of crossbows for hunting for the most part are not hunters so they do not know what they do basically. These are the same people that are for gun control.

I used to be against crossbows in archery season, primarily because I was just like most that are against them; stupid and hadn't done any research.

OP, Wyoming will welcome you and your crossbow with open arms.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back