Any ceramic BBQ enthusiasts here?

Djfan

A buddy of mine gave me a Primo round Kamato BBQ/smoker. It's nearly brand new. His aunt owned it and only used it once or twice. I'm blow away. Retail on it is $899, and that's without all the accessories it came with from him.

Now I get to use it. Not sure if I have all the parts. For some reason, Primo BBQs seems to only put out info and youtubes about their oval model, so there is really very little on this one.

Trying deer backstraps in about an hour. I'll let you know how it goes.

https://cdn.primogrill.com/cmss_files/attachmentlibrary/Spec-Sheet--Kamado.pdf

My dad was given a BGE as a retirement gift. Thought it was a PITA before buying the temperature controller/blower add on.

Just got a bge a few weeks ago. Pretty slick deal. Takes some getting used to but it is amazing how stable the temps can be. Have smoked some wild hog and a beef roast for to get the hang of it. Moving up to a brisket for Easter Sunday. Reverse seared some steaks yesterday and we did homemade pizza this evening. Good lump charcoal is easy to find but they do vary in flavors. The bge Brazilian stuff is pretty stout. Used rockwood that is hardwood from Missouri that is way milder. Lots of YouTube info that carry’s across all the different ones. Kinda like mountain hunting. Rough the first few times out but after you get the hang of it it’s hard to do anything else.

I did the mulie backstrap yesterday. Mrs. Fan said it was the best venison she has had, and actually liked it this time. It was amazing and fun to do. I also did up three baked potatoes at the same time. They were amazing.

Glad I got this thing. I think I have just revolutionized my game experience.

A buddy of mine gave me a Primo round Kamato BBQ/smoker. It's nearly brand new. His aunt owned it and only used it once or twice. I'm blow away. Retail on it is $899, and that's without all the accessories it came with from him.

Now I get to use it. Not sure if I have all the parts. For some reason, Primo BBQs seems to only put out info and youtubes about their oval model, so there is really very little on this one.

Trying deer backstraps in about an hour. I'll let you know how it goes.

https://cdn.primogrill.com/cmss_files/attachmentlibrary/Spec-Sheet--Kamado.pdf
Eggs are great for low and slow but also kick butt if you want a super hot fire for steaks

I didn't have a lot of luck with my pork ribs. Yummy, cooked all the way, but not fall-off-the-bone.

I'll have to keep trying those.

I love my Green Egg except when I have to move it. You can get incredibly great temperature control with those things. Just always use real wood on any ceramic BBQ, using briquettes ruins them.

yup. It is all about giving them time to cook. 3-2-1 method has worked well for me. And buying better quality ribs. The cheap ones are hard to get right no matter how long you run them.
I really think that quality ribs is a bigger issue than folks say.

Our BGE is probably the "best" kitchen tool we have. Takes some getting used to how to control temps, but once you have that down you're on easy street.

the brisket I did over easter was a big hit. I fired it up at 5am tweaked the vents a bit before church and after getting home the temp had gone down a bit but a little more air and it was back where it should be in no time. Plus it only used about half of the charcoal/wood on a 12 hour smoke.

They’re also great for making pizza because of how hot they get. But it can be a challenge to master. My recommendation is so coat the bottom of the pie and the plate setter with a good bit of corn meal, not flour, to allow the pie to slide on and off both the pizza spatula and setter.
we have done a couple of pizza nights where we all build our own pizza's. Kids like it but it does make a bit of a mess with the flour all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back