Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

any bear behavior experts out there???

californiacoyotes

i have spoken with a wildlife bologist today about bear behavior but i could get to many straight answers. what i mainly would like to know is do bears go "home" every night? or do they just roam their territory searching for food?

A bears home is where the food is.It could be here today and 50 miles away tomorow.Find out what there feeding on the time of year your hunting them and start looking there.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Bears in general roam! They may use the same den over during winter, but rest on the spot where ever that is at the time. A mountain grizz will travel as much as twenty miles in a day feeding or searching for food. The bigger bears in Alaska don't have to go but 3 to 4 miles to get their belly's full.

CC......I assume you are talking about Black Bears...We chatted briefly the other night about blackies....A black bear will normally range within a 15 mile radius of his favorite sleeping area or denning area. He will make regular forays within this habitat. If you can find fairly fresh trail, a good thing is to backtrack on it, and after several times of doing this you just may have the old boy figured out.

Back