Antelope Scouting Pics.....

iminrut

As Moosie mentioned in the other topic, I've been gone quite a bit.....between filling my archery tag, to scouting for a possible recipient of my rifle tag.....

Yesterday, I found the buck I've been looking for all summer.....I originally spotted him at the end of last years archery season....I was relatively suprised and happy to find him nearly a year later.....

My oldest girl(5) and I were able to watch him fighting with a smaller 14" buck, who had control....and who by the way wouldn't give up his herd......we watched for a good half hour, and there were no clear cut winners yet when we left......
fight.gif

The pictures don't due him justice....wide deep curls and healthy prongs.....he should gross in the 80+ range........a friend of mine shot his twin last year, not but 7-8 miles from him, and that buck went 83" :cool:

Excuse the clarity on the pics, they were taken through my spotting scope......It's gonna be a long wait to next Fridays opener.....
hump.gif

173902004RifleGoatPair-med.JPG

173902004RifleGoatFight-med.JPG

173902004RifleGoat-med.JPG

[ 09-26-2004, 01:18: Message edited by: iminrut ]

I've been on the phone with landowners for the past 3 nights, and I now have approx. 30 square miles to hunt.....I should have access to any place he may travel too.........6 days and counting down...I can't hardly wait ;)

I'm hoping so Nut...I'm hoping so......

No, not in the sexual way Moosie
shhh.gif

I'm planning a little in advance......I'm gonna be a long ways from no where on this hunt......I'm gonna have to get the meat cooled asap, and have some way to cool the cape dwon also, so it don't start slipping any hair...

Sooooo, I built me a "critter hanger" that I can slip into my receiver hitch and hoist him up if I'm fortunte enough to get him (or another good buck).....then I can skin and quarter him out and get the meat and cape on ice till I can get home.....should work pretty slick.....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back