Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Antelope/Muley question

Clzandstra79

Me and group of guys are coming out to do some public land antelope hunting this fall. We’re looking at 16,22 or 23. I know there isn’t much access but I know it’s there and we’re willing to walk a long ways. Can you hunt any of these units with an antelope and Mule deer for tag? I know the unit numbers aren’t the same

I should have include when we’ll be there...we’ll be there September 28-October 6

Sure you can, as long as seasons overlap. There are better areas for pronghorn though, and much better options for deer.

I would probably pick a good area for one or the other that's a feasible zero point draw, then hope to get lucky in the draw for the other species in a good area nearby.

How many guys are going and how much time do you have?

Sure you can, as long as seasons overlap. There are better areas for pronghorn though, and much better options for deer.

I would probably pick a good area for one or the other that's a feasible zero point draw, then hope to get lucky in the draw for the other species in a good area nearby.

How many guys are going and how much time do you have?
He have 4 guys going. We have a group of 8 with points built up but we can’t all make it this year so half of us are doing a zero point unit. We have a week. Friday-following Sunday. With a day of travel each way. We’re not trophy hunters, just looking for meat so we’re not very picky

Reactions: LCH
Ok I see, 2nd choice narrows down options pretty quick.

I don't have any experience hunting those units. Good luck with your planning.

Ive hunted antelope in 22. Its not a bad unit if your going with zero points. Saw plenty of antelope and a few deer. The deer seemed to like the canyon land closer to the river.

Ive hunted antelope in 22. Its not a bad unit if your going with zero points. Saw plenty of antelope and a few deer. The deer seemed to like the canyon land closer to the river.
Did you hunt public in 22 or private?

All are fine units and will suffice for what you are looking for. Plenty of goats in all of them but they do get shook up after all of the shooting opening day. They wander quite a ways and come back to the public though.

There are some good muleys in those units too but after the first couple days they are hard to get into.

Why not go for the trifecta and get an elk tag too. Never know what you may see in those parts.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back