Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Antelope Calls/Tactics?

Colberjs

A buddy and I will be chasing antelope for the first time in a couple weeks. I didn't think there was any such thing as an antelope call. Then I found this at Bass Pro. Does it work?

He has a Montana cow decoy and I will take a pop-up blind for water holes. I had a local tell me to try a white flag on a pole. Said their curiosity sometimes will draw them in. A game warden advised using a cutout silouhette of a yucca cactus as a "decoy".

Any other advice? Thinking about ordering a Be The Decoy.

Are you archery hunting or rifle hunting? Don't buy that call.

They will try to sell a call for anything, now, won't they? Don't buy that call!! Don't get your truck stuck in the mud either, like some Hunt Talkers did :D

Archery hunting. I had just had a discussion with the guy I'm going with that I had never heard of an antelope call and didn't think they made one. I searched antelope on BPS site looking for a decoy and saw it. I kind of assumed it was useless.

I don't think mud will be a problem. Lol.

Will other people be rifle hunting? Will you be on public? I would be very careful in how you use a decoy if there are going to be rifle hunters around.

Also, where are you going to be hunting? Sitting a waterhole this late in the season might not be that productive, unless it is still really dry/hot.

While predator hunting with a distress call, I have had antelope come in on a dead run. I have never tried it while actually hunting antelope.

Will other people be rifle hunting? Will you be on public? I would be very careful in how you use a decoy if there are going to be rifle hunters around.

Also, where are you going to be hunting? Sitting a waterhole this late in the season might not be that productive, unless it is still really dry/hot.

There may be rifle hunters around. I think they may be in private land while we're on public. We will be in the Oklahoma panhandle close to New Mexico.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back