Antelope Bozeman, MT

MSUhunter

Hey everyone, I’m looking into some different districts to put in for an antelope tag in the Bozeman, MT area. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to put in for around this area? Preferably somewhere that holds a decent amount of public land. Thanks!

No offense but you have 2 posts and both posts you are asking about where to hunt. If you are in college and around Bozeman go explore bro.

I had a really fun antelope hunt down in District 330 a few years back. That’s not too far from you in Bozeman. Not sure what your bonus point status is, but you might wanna check out places by Dillon and Lima. Beautiful setting for an antelope hunt, that’s for sure.

There are some great zones very close to bozeman with very limited tags to shoot a really big buck but likely on private land which depending on your people skills may or may not be easy to obtain permission for. For good numbers of antelope on public land with good odds of drawing you will have to go east. Look at a map of Montana, find white sulphur springs and draw a line north to the Canadian border and south to Wyoming. Take out the crazies and Absorkees and pick any zone that lies east. That’s what I would do anyway... or just apply for three-6-zero and hunt the flats.

Here’s how I find my spots, you can do the same: 1. Figure out the areas you want to concentrate on & possibly hunt 2. Look on FWP hunt planner or Onyx maps for public land boundaries & topo/structure etc 3. Review the draw odds for that region & tags available, and most important last but not least......4. Put boots on the ground and bring your binocs and go check it out and enjoy the wonderful MT countryside

Why not explore and ask for advice?

I will help translate. This is a hunting community. Not a wiki. A community. Have you ever went to a potluck meal? Every see someone show up with no dish but not because were poor but for some other reason? Probably was a bit uncomfortable for that person. And so it is here. You bring something, you get something. You only pop in once or twice a year without a dish while hoping to fill your plate and it gets a bit uncomfortable. As it should. No one is special here based on how important they are or think they are in the rest of their world. You earn your way into this community.

It is not too late to become part of the community. Introduce yourself. How long have you hunted? Anyone in particular introduce you to hunting? What do you enjoy hunting? A particular weapon? Any tips can share based on where you have hunted? Any tips can share re gear you have used? The type of stuff you might discuss if bump into someone in line at a booth at a regional hunting show.

But, if want to stick to the wiki approach then will be a tough go of it here. You can look up the pronghorn hunting units near Bozeman on the MT F&G website then search Google. Say units 111, 222 and 333 are the relevant pronghorn GMUs. Search on: pronghorn Montana 111. Then substitute 222 then 333. If MT names a unit such as calling 111 the West Mountain unit then repeat searches using the name rather than the 111. Will probably get some hits on prior hunting posts at various hunting sites or blogs or magazine articles or news articles. You can join GoHunt for a fee and have convenient access to the pronghorn unit information there re stats, animal horn size, public access, etc.

Good luck on your research and hope you share some info here that will help us improve our luck.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back