Caribou Gear

Another primer question

red

A month ago I had an invitation to go to the range the next morning and I wanted to load some .223. I had some H335 that I had used earlier in working up a load. I had used 24.7 grains behind a 55 grain hp bt fmj with small rifle magnum primers. I discovered I was out of the small rifle magnum primers and had wondered if I could have substituted regular small rifle primers. I took something else to range instead of experimenting.

red

------------------
Eat everything on your plate. Don't you know there are communists starving in china?

Red, As a general rule, you can go down the scale without too much problem. The buring characteristics of the round will probably be different, but it should not be dangerous. It's when you go up the scale without due caution that you can get into trouble. Anytime you change a known formula, you should approach that change with caution. Some rounds, when downloaded too much, will react in a strange a violent fashion.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

[This message has been edited by danr55 (edited 01-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by danr55 (edited 01-26-2001).]

Thanks danr55 !

red

------------------
Eat everything on your plate. Don't you know there are communists starving in china?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back