Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Another new Oregonian

Hank's Dad

Found this forum (and Randy's other consumable media) through his visit to the Meateater Podcast. Left another forum recently due to my frustration over the general attitude towards conservation and politics. Before anyone asks it was not a D vs R thing, but a general level closemindedness and the indifference from the mods about fostering thoughtful discussion.

Didn't grow up hunting or really doing much outdoors (academics and athletics were a big deal my home). But I was always curious about the outdoors and I think my parents knew this all along but they weren't very outdoorsy themselves. I convinced some high school buddies to pick up high lakes trout fishing in the Cascades, I loved it but we were all too serious about school and sports to give it much effort. Then I had a fly fishing buddy introduce me to grouse hunting during a really slow day swinging flies at steelhead one afternoon in college (Go Ducks!). Immediately felt like I had found a part of myself that I didn't even know was missing. My hunter-gatherer genetic itch had finally been scratched and it was ever so satisfying.

Been hunting waterfowl and upland birds religiously for the past decade. Only started big game hunting ~5 years ago and absolutely love the challenge of it all. Helped some ski-bumming buddies (my other favorite hobby) tag some speed goat bucks in Utah last year before finally tagging my first big game animal this year (black bear), on my birthday no less. I really only have interests in backpack/wilderness hunting for big game as the adventure of it all is what I am after, well that and the delicious wild game (insert Homer Simpson drooling gif here). But all types of active participation with wildlife will find a sympathetic ear as I just like learning new things.

Always looking for new hunting buddies who also can't have fun if it isn't at least a little painful or dangerous. Or even if it is just "pulling chips" on the westside of Sauvie Island.

TL;DR - grew up non-hunting/fishing family, found it later in life, don't know how I survived without it for so long, still make sarcastic comments to my parents;)

Welcome to HuntTalk. Lots of R and D conversations that normally stay above the belt........big game season can't arrive soon enough. :)

Great to have another person from Oregon, love the place and plan to hunt there at some stage.

Go the Beavers :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back