another new old guy

Hey JosGlo141. For some reason I don't have the option to PM you, although I have the option for everyone else. Can you PM with the info? Thanks

Just joined the group but this is my 41st year hunting in CO. My son and I have gotten public land elk 3 of the last 4 years, and a couple of trophy class bucks in the off year so I think we have things pretty well dialed in. I drew a unit 76 bull tag this year and at 63 years old, it might be my hunt of a lifetime considering the points it takes to get in there. Our usual area is NW CO so I'll be looking for advice on general areas to scout or stay away from in 76. General help like "look in the NW corner" or stay out of the x wilderness area because too many outfitters, or whatever advice like that helps narrow down a couple of backpack trips this summer to scout. Good luck to all.
Good luck in 76! Just curious what units you have experience in the NW? We moved to CO last year and my son drew unit 4 tag. We drove out this past weekend just to put boots on the ground and check some access. Any experience in the area? Shoot me a DM if so I would love to pick your brain a bit. Thanks in advance.

Good luck in 76! Just curious what units you have experience in the NW? We moved to CO last year and my son drew unit 4 tag. We drove out this past weekend just to put boots on the ground and check some access. Any experience in the area? Shoot me a DM if so I would love to pick your brain a bit. Thanks in advance.
Thanks and good luck to you too. Wish I could help you but I've never hunted that far to the north. Our hunts are all in and around the flat tops wilderness.

I really appreciate the help from everyone, at least those that are really trying to help lol! Got it narrowed down to a couple of basins after scouting last week and looking forward to posting my bull pic! Good luck to all.

Just joined the group but this is my 41st year hunting in CO. My son and I have gotten public land elk 3 of the last 4 years, and a couple of trophy class bucks in the off year so I think we have things pretty well dialed in. I drew a unit 76 bull tag this year and at 63 years old, it might be my hunt of a lifetime considering the points it takes to get in there. Our usual area is NW CO so I'll be looking for advice on general areas to scout or stay away from in 76. General help like "look in the NW corner" or stay out of the x wilderness area because too many outfitters, or whatever advice like that helps narrow down a couple of backpack trips this summer to scout. Good luck to all.
Welcome. Good Luck.

Better late than never they say. Unit 76 did not disappoint although my son and I worked long and hard, before during and after the hunt. All was worth the effort. Elk of a lifetime for me.

Attachments

• IMG_8755.jpeg
    IMG_8755.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8811.jpeg
    IMG_8811.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members