Another Montana Whitetail

Nemont

Casey Mcgown took this nice whitetail on Thanksgiving day.
075856.jpg

075901.jpg

Casey and his buddy were hunting at day break on 5 miles of Highwood Creek before it dumps into the Missouri. Was rattling the upper 3 miles and saw a few smaller bucks that were similar to this one that we passed on. The second to last creek crossing was about a mile from the river, the creek was frozen over and no one had crossed it in a few weeks (according to the tire tracks) so we drove across it and didn't fall in. We started to see quite a few does and figured there must be a buck around, as we crossed the last creek crossing we broke through the ice and the noise startled the deer...He jumped up about 50 yards away....we freaked out, got stuck in the creek, finally got it backed up and found him about 100 yards away stopped with his does in some brush.....done hunting by 9:00.

He is a 4x4

19 6/8 inside spread
21 7/8 outside spread

25 inch main beams

6" eyegards
13" G2's
10 5/8 and 7 5/8 G3's ...(three inches different) Other than that it is damn near as symmetrical as you can get

gross score 161 1/8

will net right at 156
Nemont

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-01-2003 12:11: Message edited by: Nemont ]</font>

Awesome G-2's on that buck. Is there a story that goes with it?

Haha, I guess you edited your post with the story and measurements after I posted.
biggrin.gif

Good buck, but I don't know about that road hunting.
wink.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-01-2003 14:51: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

That thing is a SLUG of a 4pt... Way to go, you guys have sure slayed some nice ones this year.

To bad your season is over, mine is about half over with four weekends of rifle season left, a late muzzy season and a few weekends of archery left! I really miss hunting those big bucks in MT... MD has a ton of deer but with out the right amount of $$$ you don't have much of a chance at one.

Congrats to you and your friends for a great year of hunting!

Ivan

Absoluetly awesome whitey. Thats a big time score for a 4x4, I'm jealous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back