Another Good Duck Day

Nice...whats the 4th duck in from the left..between the drake redhead and drake mallard?

"Still just figuring this out." um; play the lottery, quickly. I believe the 4th duck from the left is a hen canvasback. which makes this mixed bag the mixed bag of the season so far imho. Congrats keep em coming.

"Still just figuring this out." um; play the lottery, quickly. I believe the 4th duck from the left is a hen canvasback. which makes this mixed bag the mixed bag of the season so far imho. Congrats keep em coming.
You are correct, hen canvasback. Thanks for the compliment. This is the first year I have really taken an interest in ducks, but it has really gotten a hold of me.

Nice...whats the 4th duck in from the left..between the drake redhead and drake mallard?
Are you hunting Nine Pipes by any chance? Those mountains look mighty familiar. No, I think maybe Creston/Bigfork area. Looks like the foothills on east side of Flathead Lake. Wish I could see what's hiding in the clouds.

Awesome mixed bag. I let a flock of shovelers go last weekend that would have gotten me a limit in order to keep working a lone pintail. That's how bad I want one of them.

Awesome mixed bag. I let a flock of shovelers go last weekend that would have gotten me a limit in order to keep working a lone pintail. That's how bad I want one of them.
I am just getting into this, but pintails are my favorite so far. We have had a lot of them in here over the last month. At least half the birds I am seeing are pintails. Not sure if that will continue. I have started to pass on shovelers for the most part, at least while I have an embarrassment of riches with other ducks. Just don't want to eat too many shovelers.

Back