Another fine NM oryx on the ground

Beautiful oryx! Pass some of that “bad luck” on to me! 😉

As always, a great hunt. Look forward to making my way back down there soon.

Great Oryx, congrats! My dad and I are heading to NM here in a week for our hunt, to say we are excited is an understatement.

Now that is a beautiful animal! Well done!
OK that does it. Oryx goes in the cart this year. Maybe this year....lol
Always amazes me to see them driving down the hwy where they would not normally be .

I look forward to hearing about it. I think you're going to have a great time.
@Brentc Happy to report back that my father and I each got an Oryx on our hunt. It is something I will never forget that is for sure. Mine went right at 38" with some heavy mass. My dad has a bad hip and is not the most mobile so when he got an opportunity pretty close to the road, he took it. Was most happy for him getting one and being there with him. He made a 300 yard shot off shooting sticks while standing, which for someone who has done most of his shooting out of a TX deer blind I was pretty impressed with my pops.

IMG_7460.JPGIMG_7424.JPG

@Brentc Happy to report back that my father and I each got an Oryx on our hunt. It is something I will never forget that is for sure. Mine went right at 38" with some heavy mass. My dad has a bad hip and is not the most mobile so when he got an opportunity pretty close to the road, he took it. Was most happy for him getting one and being there with him. He made a 300 yard shot off shooting sticks while standing, which for someone who has done most of his shooting out of a TX deer blind I was pretty impressed with my pops.

View attachment 211595View attachment 211601

Great job, man! That's a great bull. You and Pops are going to enjoy some fine dining for sure.

I like that old guy (oryx). Shot one like it in Namibia. Old and worn and scarred up pretty bad. Your guy looks like he has been around and seen it all.

Back