MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another eastern hunter

NEOHhunter23

Good evening everyone!

First post in this forum. I currently live in Ohio and primarily hunt whitetail deer here in Ohio and in upstate New York. I did a guided hunt in Wyoming in 2017 and caught the bug. I am currently buiding points in Wyoming, Colorado, and Maine (Moose lottery). Looks like lots of great information here and I can't wait to dig in. Thanks!

John

Good evening everyone!

First post in this forum. I currently live in Ohio and primarily hunt whitetail deer here in Ohio and in upstate New York. I did a guided hunt in Wyoming in 2017 and caught the bug. I am currently buiding points in Wyoming, Colorado, and Maine (Moose lottery). Looks like lots of great information here and I can't wait to dig in. Thanks!

John
Where at in NE ohio? I am near tuscarawrus county. I am new to this area as well and in the process of preparing for my first bow hunt. There's a lot of public land here but I have never tried to hunt anything like whitetail before. Only hunts I've done were a guided boar hunt in florida and spring turkey in florida. Looking for advice and or someone to show me the ropes.

Where at in NE ohio? I am near tuscarawrus county. I am new to this area as well and in the process of preparing for my first bow hunt. There's a lot of public land here but I have never tried to hunt anything like whitetail before. Only hunts I've done were a guided boar hunt in florida and spring turkey in florida. Looking for advice and or someone to show me the ropes.
From T County myself I would try the Willscreek Wildlife area get of the main roads an you will find some nice whitetails. Good luck!

From T County myself I would try the Willscreek Wildlife area get of the main roads an you will find some nice whitetails. Good luck!
Yeah man! Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know if I get my first. I was given a bow (diamond razor edge that was set up for older person with 29" DL and 65# DW). I have been practicing but need to find a good spot. Most likely will be by myself so ground blind, although not ideal, will be how I get my start.

Yeah man! Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know if I get my first. I was given a bow (diamond razor edge that was set up for older person with 29" DL and 65# DW). I have been practicing but need to find a good spot. Most likely will be by myself so ground blind, although not ideal, will be how I get my start.
Good luck 👍

Welcome to Ohio! I am in Summit County. I have tried a couple of the public spots up this direction including LaDue, Killbuck, and Grand River. I would definitely plan on staying mobile. Lots of people using public land!

Welcome to Ohio! I am in Summit County. I have tried a couple of the public spots up this direction including LaDue, Killbuck, and Grand River. I would definitely plan on staying mobile. Lots of people using public land!
Thank you. I grew up in good old youngstown but find myself in rural Ohio now. I love it and always wanted to hunt deer but man I have a lot to learn. There are many opportunities around me now, I just have to get my confidence up with my bow so I can make a clean shot.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back