PEAX Equipment

Another diving bear in Post Falls..Pics....

supersider34

Here is the bear Callinallelk (John) shot last night. Here is another guess weight question. Also John will tell the story when he gets home from his bait site with his son.
Great story and why he is back up there with son and rifle.
here are the pics.
285271.jpg

285274.jpg

Thanks everyone Ill try and post the story tomorrow. Took My son after the big black one tonight but only a little black one showed up so he passed. He will go again Sunday around 6:00pm till dark. That is the last day in the unit we hunt for bear. PS I did see the big boy yesterday but to far for a bow shot.

callinallelk said:
Thanks everyone Ill try and post the story tomorrow. Took My son after the big black one tonight but only a little black one showed up so he passed. He will go again Sunday around 6:00pm till dark. That is the last day in the unit we hunt for bear. PS I did see the big boy yesterday but to far for a bow shot. |oo
The bear I arrowed was 5ft 3in from nose to tail. Long live the ELK Till the hunters get the shot. hump

Ok here is the short story. I went up the first time with JK who took the first bear. I told him that the big black one had my name on it. He agreed and didn't care because the bear he took was his first with a bow. Anyway first I prayed to God that He have the first bear come in and give me a good shot I would except it and be thankful. Maybe I should have asked for the big black one LOL. We got in the first night only to hear a stick snap. I decided the next day to be in the stand at 3:30 AM and wait until shooting light; on the way in we ran something off the bait. But we still stayed until 7:30AM. Knowing they would be hungry, I emptied the bait can with mixed rotten meat and donuts. It was all I could do to keep a straight face because of the smell. This was a great scent bait. We went up again at 6:00 PM after dinner. I saw the bait was hit. I went up to it and moved the can around making noise. It worked! In less than a half hour the big black one showed himself but was too far away, 60yds. He then proceeded to circle the bait. He moved down wind at 40yds walking up a log and moved off the same way he came in. At the same time there was a 4 footer that came in about 35yds and smelled the big boy and took off. Then about 45min past and nothing. All was quiet with only about an hour left of light. I decided to sneek down again and go to the bait to make a little noise on the bait can. I then climbed back into position and in 30mins another bear. This time it was the one meant for me. The bear came in at 18yds; a perfect broadside. I let the arrow fly and it found its mark. The bear took out of there like a shot out of hell, hit a down fall after five yds and rolled another ten yds. He let out 3 death moans and that was it. I could have flipped a marble on him from the stand. SO I Feel If IT IS MEANT TO BE THEN GOD WILL BLESS YOU ACCORDING TO HIS PLAN. JUST BE GLAD YOU'RE OUT THERE AND BE PATIENT AND GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY. THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT. Today is the last day in this unit. My son bought a tag and is going to take the 300 win mag hopefully the big black one will show. If so; say good night Dick! LOL. Say a prayer for him. We need to see just how big he really is.

I would say that bear is a dink, and a sow. Because the sow's rub out befor the Boars. I'll will say about the same as a Jack rabbit from down south, Boise. After it is skined and boned out less all fat maybe 25# meat. But It is dead meat. Good Job. Save the Elk for the hunters.

I don't know if I should use the English word "Carma" or the French word " Tusche' " ;)

Congrat's. I say it's EASILY 450# ;)

WELL the bear was 122.5# Yes it was not the big boy but I will think of you when Im eating peperjack cheese smokies over the fire. And because like Green horn said only 25# there wont be enough for him LOL. Moosie you get two 450# too funny. Hey my son didnt get that big boy another little one came in yesterday.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back