Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Another day, and five minutes

ELKCHSR

Hello again all...
I have been home a total of one week since the seasons started last month and plan to be out almost the rest of the season if at all possible.
I put together a lean to so as to get in out of the snow that is coming in this week. That will be my home away from home for the next month or so I am hoping. I have let a lot of animals go by so that I can spend extra time this year before I fill up my tags. Especially since I missed out almost totaly last year except for the great hunt in Jackson Hole.
Gotta make up for lost time is what I say.
I should have a total of 2-2 1/2 almost continous months in the field this year.
The best thing about all of it is that I don't get any reception for my cell in most of the places I have been frequenting.
The area I am setting up for elk this year is just loaded. I have been taking a few scouting ventures into that area and I'll tell you what. There are elk every where.
I've seen some big ones, and lots and lots of other small bands. I have passed up a ton of shots trying to make this year keep going.
I will until well after the snow has settled into the mountains before I take my shot. There is a really big one and I want to see if I can even glimps him. He has rubbed the heck out of the trees to 8-9 feet. Not just a few little dings, I mean really took the hide off the poor little trees.
He really likes to stay on those north slopes that are absolutly packed with debri and blow down. In the thickest hardest places to go.
That is the one that I am hoping to get.
What is cool about this area, is that I find elk tracks across my tracks even only after a few hours all of the time.
I can't hardly wait to get back up there and get back to it.
But buisness is buisness and I have a lot to do between now and Friday.
Hope every one is keeping well and doing great on the hunting.
I have to run, I am already past time that I have to go get busy with my projects...
Later all
Russ :D :D :D

Good luck Russ. Hope you get the one your after but most of all enjoy your time afield and with Mother Nature. Even though she can be a beeoch at times she is a true beauty. ;)

Sounds like you are having a blast out there Russ. Hope you get the animlas you are after. I have to agree with you that last years hunting trip out in Wyoming was a blast. Best of Luck to you Russ.
Quick Draw

Thanks Guy's..
It is snowing in the mountains this whole week plus. It is exactly what is needed to do some good sneeking.
I only have a month left to do this, :eek:
But I guess some one has to.
I have to head out right now and work on projects that need to get done and daylights a wastin as a famous actor once said....
:D
Hope you all are getting those critters you have been after and the rest are having a great season....
Russ.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back