Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Another "Crick" hill buck.

7Remmy

Been a pretty slow season,up until Friday. I've been back on the Mahoning creek hill all week. Putting in the time on the same stand I hunted last year. It produced then,and again today.

There were no deer in the fields when I walked back to my stand. Figured it would be a slow morning,as the critters were already back in their bedding areas. So, I was patiently waiting for the mid day shuffle. There has been a little noon movement all week,and more when the deer are bedded before first light. 11:45 a doe came busting out of the thick stuff,apparently ragged from being pursued by a would be suitor. She looked my way,but couldn't figure me out immediately. Lucky for me. I heard a grunt from behind her,and saw the rack threading through the thicket. By now I had eased the Kimber into position trying not to alarm the doe. When the buck stepped clear of the brush there was no question he was a shooter. A 150 ballistic tip dropped him like a rock. High shoulder angling down through the goodies. Game over. Pretty tickled with him. I've been on that watch all day every day this week. It paid off. Now on to the does.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back