Caribou Gear

Another bear attack

More this year than ever I feel like.. anyone keeping track??? Jesus when can I buy a bonus point for em??? 🙏🏽

It's been bad for the last 10 years MT alone has averaged 1-2 deaths by grizzly bears a year for the last 5. Let alone the dozens of incidents and multiple maulings every year. WY isn't far behind and even ID has been getting in the game. I don't see it getting much better until we get management figured out and people are going to have to accept the fact that they are out there in much larger numbers. I don't think there's ever a way to be more prepared or even more aware there's just a lot of people out in the woods and a lot of bears it's the new norm. unfortunately.

Grand scheme of things, bear attacks are still "rare", but it sure feels like they are getting quite a bit more frequent. Not gonna lie, I don't think I'd want to break down an animal in grizz country without having someone with a shotgun and bear spray on the lookout.

The increase in Griz attacks is the logical result of: More Grizzly Bears In More Country + More Human Days In The Woods. Someday, we may throttle the former, though I not believe it will be responsibly possible to do so in a way that offsets the ever-increasing latter. Griz attacks come with the territory of being outside in Montana.

Hopefully she heals up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back