Caribou Gear Tarp

Anniversary Present

sagebrush

ishootdasmallones was looking for advice on a rifle for his wife. I got so fired up, I bought a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .270 on sale at Bass Pro for $599.95. I topped it with a Leupold 4.5-14X40 CDS. I tried to take it to the range yesterday but it was too wet to make to the bench, so I stopped short and set up a target in the desert. Took me 10 rounds to get the scope dialed and the next 5 rounds at 200 yards all went in the ten ring off the hood of my truck. I can't wait for the roads to dry out so I can verify the theoretical bullet drop against actual out to 600 yards. Looks like another Browning tack driver will be taking up residence in the safe.

Our 29th wedding anniversary is October 28 and we will be on the first day of my wife's mule deer hunt. I hope she is happy when she opens the gun case in our tent and finds the replacement for her A-Bolt Hunter.

Nice gift choice sir! In November i get a large check and i already told my wife ill be getting another rifle. I knew i would be getting a Browning and in .270. Ill have to really look into the Stalker.

chucky - You will be buying an X-Bolt as that is the only Stainless Stalker made by Browning any more. I have one in .338 and love it as well.

Attachments

• 002 small.jpg
    002 small.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 162
I tend to get my wife something that I would like in case she forgets about our anniversary or doesn't like what I got her...your selection would foot the bill!

Back