And the pendulum keeps swings higher and higher, in each direction

Irrelevant

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to think we are even close to being on the rails as it stands right now?

It's San Francisco... What's expected?

San Francisco sure doesn't let down it's image as the crap-town of America. Maybe Portland will follow suite. 🙄

Such garbage by Frisco provided support for NRA in a time where NRA was doing a fair job with their own implosion.

Probably just what NRA needed to begin a rebound.

wow...

Sometime I'm bad at following popular new outlets, because well... puke... but then I read this an am like, ok I see why people are fired up.

I found this line interesting.

"When they use phrases like, 'I’ll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands’ on bumper stickers, they are saying reasoned debate about public safety should be met with violence.'"

On the one hand, I get the moto, because you are trying to deprive someone of a right through presumed force. Honestly I can see Huey Newton saying this as much as Charlton Heston, there were probably similar slogans/statements floated by the Panther's when 2nd amendment freedom was first curtailed by Regan when he repealed the Mulford act and made open carrying loaded weapons in public illegal in CA.

On the other hand, I kinda agree with the author, we live in a democracy, and could vote to amended the constitution to get rid of the second amendment all together. The american experiment works because we have all agreed to follow laws, this moto does seem to suggest that laws don't matter and any attempted to alter our current paradigm will be met with violence, even if that paradigm is done via popular vote and consensus. You could argue that the slogan is un-american with that interpretation.

I wish some adults could take over the NRA, would like to drop the bs and be a better advocacy organization. At this point that house probably needs to be razed, and a new group needs to occupy that space.

we live in a democracy, and could vote to amended the constitution to get rid of the second amendment all together.

I can entirely foresee this happening. Possibly even in my lifetime.

Meanwhile, gun deaths in the Bay Area have fallen dramatically, much of it through community programs, mentorship and outreach.....who would have thought providing support for those most vulnerable would have had a positive impact.

Symbolic gesture designed to distract and outrage....almost like a certain someone's twitter account. RALLY THE TRIBES!

I can entirely foresee this happening. Possibly even in my lifetime.

I don't see that happening, might see some reworking by the supreme court...

A lot would have to change for these states to ratify anything like that.
------
Alaska
Idaho
Wyoming
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Alabama
North Dakota
South Dakota
Utah
West Virginia
Kentucky
----

I don't see that happening, might see some reworking by the supreme court...

A lot would have to change for these states to ratify anything like that.
------
Alaska
Idaho
Wyoming
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Alabama
North Dakota
South Dakota
Utah
West Virginia
Kentucky
----
You left Montana off your red list.

The one ‘gun rights’ organization that has endorsed nearly every substantive gun control policy in this country is a ‘terrorist organization’.

Wonder what they think of GOA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back