Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ancient Indian art

Never hunted it, but have hiked in it a bit and it is an incredible area if you happen to have 25ish points to burn. Lots of 2 tracks and rough roads, but still seriously remote. Keeping it topical to the thread, you could spend a lifetime exploring the archeology in the area.
I have 25 - throwing in for archery maybe. In the past 5 years I’d would have drawn half those years but you never know what people with a pile are thinking. A couple dozen have more than me but I suspect most want a september rifle hunt like me.

If only you had a dead elk you just shot laying in the in the background...
I wish, was hunting deer but didn’t see any sign so we changed locations. To high and to much snow for that time of year in that migration. Lots of fresh elk sign though after snow the night before.

@antlerradar - What are your thoughts on the authenticity of those Indian lady and bowhunting markings I posted. Since you are the one that showed me, curious to what you know first hand.
This carving was also on that cliff. Unfortunately that part of the cliff eroded away a few years back. Forest Service had this T-shirt made using the old pictures.IMG_2918.jpg

A friend of mine who works for the forest service tells me that this horse on sandstone is very similar to drawings done by Chef Wild Hog when he was in prison. We likely never know if he also did this drawing, but I like to think it is so.
On a side note, Who has the initials DXD and what the hell were you thinking carving them right in the middle of someone else's drawing. Not like you couldn't have found an unoccupied spot on a sandstone panel that is fifty yards long. 🤦‍♂️ There are several other carvings on this pane. Most are about to fad way, but this one of I am guessing a warrior stands out.IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0290.JPG

A friend of mine who works for the forest service tells me that this horse on sandstone is very similar to drawings done by Chef Wild Hog when he was in prison. We likely never know if he also did this drawing, but I like to think it is so.
On a side note, Who has the initials DXD and what the hell were you thinking carving them right in the middle of someone else's drawing. Not like you couldn't have found an unoccupied spot on a sandstone panel that is fifty yards long. 🤦‍♂️ There are several other carvings on this pane. Most are about to fad way, but this one of I am guessing a warrior stands out.View attachment 298157 View attachment 298156
It’s sad that someone would do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back