Anchorage vehicle rental

Bigjay73

Putting together a July trip to Alaska, and am looking to book a rental car. $650 for an economy car for a week? Holy smokes is that expensive! Anyone know a better option? Yeah I know, if I have the dough to go to Alaska, I have the dough to rent a car, I'm just getting cheap in my old age.

Putting together a July trip to Alaska, and am looking to book a rental car. $650 for an economy car for a week? Holy smokes is that expensive! Anyone know a better option? Yeah I know, if I have the dough to go to Alaska, I have the dough to rent a car, I'm just getting cheap in my old age.

The rental car prices in AK are always jacked up from June 1 - Sep 15, it's crazy how much they can charge. Use Priceline or something similar to compare options, but all of the rentals at the airport in Anchorage are going to be priced similar. There are a couple of rental agencies not at the airport, might google them and see what their prices are.

Good luck.

I just went to www.carrentalsavers.com and put in a random week and got $275 for a standard size car from Avis. Full size $389. Mid sized SUV $400. probably not the exact dates you are going but try the site. Free cancellations as well, so you can check prices and rebook right up to the day you leave.

I rented a uhaul van this year, think it was about 700 for 10 days or so.... it was flat rate of 20 a day then so much per mile. Considering that it mostly sat at the bush plane base it was a better option then a rental car.
Also coming home with two caribou and all our gear it made for easier travels

I just went to www.carrentalsavers.com and put in a random week and got $275 for a standard size car from Avis. Full size $389. Mid sized SUV $400. probably not the exact dates you are going but try the site. Free cancellations as well, so you can check prices and rebook right up to the day you leave.
Yeah, found a few around $200. Not sure how that's possible, but thanks man!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back