ANC AC meeting low down.

icb12

Wyodeerhunter, IndianLarry-
How did the meeting go? I didn't even hear bout it till you guys called me and woke my ass up. Did you place votes? Hear anything good?

Did the "greenies" or the SFW nazis get the slots??

Posting here cuz i don't want to sort through 10 million drama ridden posts on the "other" website to see what went down.

For the benefit of those not in state.
The Fish and Wildlife Advisory committee is voting to fill slots tonight.
SFW and APHA push some candidates pretty hard. While many people strongly oppose any candidate recommended by either of those organizations because they have a somewhat rational fear that Alaska will turn into (even more so) a non resident hunters paradise. Many feel that SFW is too political to be making decisions regarding our hunting opportunities. Every candidate not blessed with the holy SFW water is labeled as a "greenie" no matter their stance.
I try to keep a level mind and learn as much about each of the candidates as possible normally, and vote accordingly. however I myself was behind the curve on knowing about this meeting.

These meetings and others similar (Board of Game meetings, USFS land use meetings, timber sales, etc) are always hotly contested and while boring for the most part, sometimes the lava and tempers overflow and things get interesting.

Anyway, WDH and IL-- post up here and let us know what you thought of the process and what you think of the new candidates or old candidates if they got re-elected. Much appreciated guys!

Last edited:
icb12,
Not sure what the results will be as they are still tallying (sp?) the votes. There were A LOT of people though. Somehow I ended up sitting with the conservation (greenies) people so that was interesting.

I didn't vote for any of the SFW people. One of them even claimed he wasn't part of the organization.

Sadly it looked like all the hunters were dead set on voting for all the SFW guys.

We will see.

BTW larry didn't go. He was at work.

hmm,
thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like it could be an interesting future. Some of those SFW guys have pretty extreme opinions of what hunting in Alaska should be like.

You want to tag team the BOG meetings in February :D:D ?

I got my proposals in by the deadline.. I put in ATV tire size restriction proposal, engine size limits proposals, and same day ATV hunting restrictions. Not that any of them will pass or even get put on the docket.. but I wrote them none the less.

Last edited:
Count me in for sure! I need to get more involved with my new state's laws etc and what better way than to attend all the meetings?

BTW rumor has it theres been some BIG dog sightings by where we swam the "river" last spring.

FOXPRO GO!!!!

i dunno,

that area is infamous for suspicious shrubbery. . .

but im always down to confirm or deny beyond a reasonable doubt.

I saw a lot of sign there last winter; so its not outside the realm of possiblities.

........Sadly it looked like all the hunters were dead set on voting for all the SFW guys.....

Does that mean Alaska will be having a Hunt Expo in Fairbanks or Anchorage where 200 of your limited entry tags will be raffled, and five of your best sheep hunts will be given and only Non-residents can apply? If so, I am there. :D

Last edited:
nearly a SFW sweep from what I understand. Bigfin, buy your tickets now.

and christ, Flory on the AC again. Guess they won't be meeting at any more schools... :rolleyes:

and christ, Flory on the AC again. Guess they won't be meeting at any more schools... :rolleyes:

You should of heard his speech. He started off how his election shouldn't be about his past, or that it even matters hes a sex offender because hes a wildlife defender now, and then he kept talking some more about his past. Towards the end he talked about his past and to wrap up his speech he finished with how his past shouldn't be what everyone is talking about.

So basically he was trying to say that only idiots talk about his past :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty hilarious because I didn't have camo on so the real hunters who weigh close to 300 thought I was a "greenie". I guess i didn't get the letter/memo/email saying I had to show up in my XXXL sitka clothing.

:D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back