Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ammo and component prices.

Shangobango

Will the price retreat at all once this shortage has passed or is this the new normal?

Some of the Nosler cartridges I have bought recently are 20% higher than last summer.

My opinion is this is the new normal as far as pricing goes.

What do you think?

Could be the new normal, I hope not. I have been purchasing direct from Federal and the price hasn't been inflated. Hopefully things stabilize.

I feel that prices will be closer to current levels than not, even as demand moderates. Sounds to me like production and shipping costs are up independent of demand. Just my opinion.

For me there was a 5-6 year stretch recently where reloading was marginally cheaper than decent quality production ammo. The present shortage has changed that, and I'm getting a lot more value out of handloading, in both cost and availability. Depends a fair bit what you compare component-wise.

Could be the new normal, I hope not. I have been purchasing direct from Federal and the price hasn't been inflated. Hopefully things stabilize.
Federal raised all their prices by at least 10% over the last few months

December
Screenshot_20210406-220535_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Today
Screenshot_20210406-220653_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think that $200+ prices for something like Federal 210M primers will be the new normal, but I won't be surprised if $100 is the new normal. Thing is that once things loosen up look for more people to start building up their supply in anticipation of another supply disruption. How many times does one have to get caught with their pants down before they learn?

Can anyone order ammo from them? Do they have a way to weed out those purchasers who shouldn't have it?

I'm not certain...last 2 times this happened there was a solid 10-15% bump with 22lr nearly doubling in price over the last 10 years. I don't know how much of that is due to increased prices of raw material and how much of it is part of demand.

I bet primers stay at or near $60/1k with match/benchrest primers at or near $80/1k. Powder prices have risen up to $70/8lb jug on some while others have only moved $5-10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back