Ameristep Brickhouse ground blind

mtlion

Anyone have any experience with these? Thinking about getting one for my wife and I to bowhunt whitetail out of. Looks to be the best buy for the money, I found one for $85 which is crazy cheap for a blind that size.

SS is it easy to shoot a bow from? The only blind I have used much is a double bull and they are out of my price range.

I've killed several Lopes, and a few deer out of them. Their ceiling height is a little bit lower than that of a double bull. If your shooting a modern compound you'll have no problems. If your shooting a Long bow, or recurve you might hit the ceiling.

I bought one this spring for turkey hunting. As shoots-straight says it's a little bit low for my 62" recurve, but with a compound it would work great. I had to practice in the back yard for awhile to make sure I wouldn't hit the ceiling with my top limb. Overall I would give it a thumbs up. I plan to use it for deer this fall also.

I bought one a couple of years ago and so far have been real happy with it. The first couple times you put it up and take it down can be tricky, but once you figure out how everything twists they are pretty easy to work as well. I have thought they have plenty of room to shoot my bow out of. (If you have an unsettled 7 year old in there with you, shooting can be a different story.)

I've got a friend that has one that looks just like that. He is pretty happy with it but said he honestly liked shooting out of my Double Bull Matrix 360 better, but for the price of his he is pretty happy. For the price you are getting it for, I don't think you can go wrong.

I had two of them, 'til a storm ripped them to pieces. Since I only gun hunt, I never had any problems as long as I used my Primos Trigger Stick to prop my gun on. I also like the "dog house" model and BassPro has it on sale starting Friday for $49.00.

I also like the "dog house" model and BassPro has it on sale starting Friday for $49.00.

That one does NOT work with a bow though, I found that out the hard way.

Ooops, since I don't bowhunt, I never thought about that!

Yeah it's a really convenient little blind, just not for archery. If me being 5'6" with a 24" draw can't shoot out of it, no one can.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back