American Made Air Pad

BuckRut

After my research on and Alps pad yesterday I have decided I am at a point in life where I can choose to support American companies more. Just figured I would ask on companies for an inflatable pad. It looks to me like Thermarest is the only one. Do you guys know any other American made options?

There was a company probably 6-8 years ago in Bozeman making them; cannot remember the name and google is not doing it. It'll come to me. They're likely not in business anymore however...

Mystery solved; first Pacific Outdoor Equipment, employees bailed and started Hyalite Equipmnt, both now defunct.

Aren't Jack's Plastic Welding "Paco Pads" made in the US? They don't seem light, and they aren't the most affordable thing, but IIRC they're made in the US. Not positive.

Thermarest makes probably best sleeping pads on the market. they aren't cheap, but are worth every penny.
i have the xTherm which is their inflatable 4season pad. with 6.9R value it is super warm. i've been very happy with it.
mine is few seasons old now, so has the older valve, the new valve they use now suppose to be even easier to inflate/deflate and replace if it breaks.

Yea i just had to double check their Zpad (closed cell) as those usually are made overseas. But looks like all i checked by Thermarest are made in US (from US and Overseas sourced materials)
Thremarest has some crazy technology in their pads that no other company can touch. You wont be disappointed.

Yea i just had to double check their Zpad (closed cell) as those usually are made overseas. But looks like all i checked by Thermarest are made in US (from US and Overseas sourced materials)
Thremarest has some crazy technology in their pads that no other company can touch. You wont be disappointed.
After my lightly used klymit sprung a leak this weekend, it might time to go back to thermarest now knowing this.

After my lightly used klymit sprung a leak this weekend, it might time to go back to thermarest now knowing this.
One thing to add: you can get a puncture/leak in any Inflatable/SelfInflating pad from any brand. That being said i use my Xtherm for backpacking trips only. I have put decent amount of days on mine and have not had any issues. I am not careless with my gear, if anything i am actually pretty hard on all my gear and so far my pd held up pretty well. Just carry a few tiny patch tape squares just to be safe and ull be all set.

One thing to add: you can get a puncture/leak in any Inflatable/SelfInflating pad from any brand. That being said i use my Xtherm for backpacking trips only. I have put decent amount of days on mine and have not had any issues. I am not careless with my gear, if anything i am actually pretty hard on all my gear and so far my pd held up pretty well. Just carry a few tiny patch tape squares just to be safe and ull be all set.
I'm sure I can patch the Klymit, and they have a lifetime warranty, but....

Back