Amazing things you have experienced while hunting...

BD,

Your story reminds me of one I heard about a British Columbia horse wrangler chick that was caught in the spotter "spearing the fish"!

Elk hunting in Idaho about 10 years ago, I had a good size black bear come straight in to me. He had his nose down sniffing and had no clue I was there. At about 7 yards that was enough for me so I whistled at him. He looked up to see a 30-06 pointed between his eyes. I didn't have tag and the season was closed in that area. I really didn't want to shoot him, but one more step forward and the season was going to open up. The bear just stared at me with a "oh shit, what have I got myself into" look on his face. Then like a gun fighter backing out of a fight, he started to slowly back up one step at time, never taking his eyes of me. After about 10 steps he wheeled around and was gone.

few years ago elk hunting here in az unit nine. sitting at a trick tank.

coyote goes trotting with in 5 feet of me to the tank, drinks then turns around and comes right at me.
it was like slow motion he was just trotting then boom he was right at me feet and looks me in the eye with an OH F look on his face and stands there.

same hunt , same tank and same place just 2 days later.
got tired about 10am and fell asleep, heard a noise woke up and had elk literally standing over the top of me and all around me( small bulls).
click the vid camera on and all I got was fur and blurr, they walked off

These were from last year

We went up looking aorund for some archery deer ( I didnt bring a bow, I was just looking for the next few weeks.)
we headed up north to unit 10. after about an hour we decided to make a quick run up to unit nine and see if we could kill some yotes and kids wanted to see the lopes.

I spotted a herd about 800 yards away and the kids decided they wanted to put a stalk on them and see how close they could get. ( the kids would be my 2 little ones Anthony 12 years about the size of Claudia and claudia 5 years)
so anyhow we sneak with in 100 yards, they see us and just stand there then all of a sudden bolt right at us till about 30 yards. just stare at us for like 10 mins.

This was the first Time claudia has ever been up north. Shes only seen a deer from a boat. She was going nuts.
so after 10 mins I figured that would be as close as they would get 30 yards not bad for dad with 2 hyper kids....

they busted off and ran away so we started walking back to the truck good 3/4 mile away. Anthony and claudia decide to race back to the truck( you know kids) I looked back and the whole damn herd of lopes was running right after them. 2 about ran me over. the kids would stop the lopes would stop kids would run lopes would chase them. it was pretty cool to see, the lopes were 30-50 FEET ( not yards but feet) behind the kids while they were running back to the truck.

this was the herd they snuck up on
Img_1965.jpg

These are the 2 lopes that about ran me over chasing the kids
Img_1966.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back