Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Am I missing something here?

windymtnman

If you're like me, you get a lot of Cabela's various sales catalogues for their various departments and such. I recently got one for their Hunting Optics products. In it, they had some successful hunting stories, one of which was about a non resident hunter that shot a Bull with his muzzleloader.
The article describes how he flew into Denver, then took another flight to N.W. Colorado to participate in a Ranching for Wildlife hunt on private lands. He describes how he's trying out a new muzzleloader. At the end of his hunt, he did shoot a Bull, and is seen posing with it in the forest. I looked at it and see a rifle scope on the muzzleloader.
Last I knew, Colorado doesn't allow scopes to be used in the Black Powder season. Am I missing something here? I'm not the internet policeman, but this did catch my eye.

Are you sure he was hunting the muzzy season? A scope can be used in rifle seasons. I do it all the time.

black powder

I caught that as well , I also thought modern muzzle loaders were not legal now checking, could be rifle season. .

Last edited:
Ah, that's why I said "am I missing something". The comment of this guy hunting during the rifle season didn't occur to me when I read the article. We'll hope that's the case. Now that I think about it more, it would seem odd to not be familiar with the regulations and doing this. Then, someone at Cablela's also should catch this if it was a violation.

That's probably the case.

Also, its not uncommon for a marketing pointdexter to not get specifics accurate.

All Ranching for Wildlife licenses are any weapon. So yes, he could use a scoped muzzleloader.

Also, if I'm correct during any season. I knew someone who hunted the Three Forks ranch which used to be in this program!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back