Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

ALERT: NEW BILL WILL SEVERELY IMPACT NONRESIDENT HUNTERS IN WYOMING

If this happens, how to do they propose to finance they WG&F? They are going to lose a huge part of their revenue stream.

If this happens, how to do they propose to finance they WG&F? They are going to lose a huge part of their revenue stream.
47% increase in fees and 50% reduction in tags combined with 30% outfit allocation. I’m no CPA but simple math tells me, the residents would for the most part get their wishes while being just about a wash in G&F as I’m sure this is only the beginning. I’m sure tags will continue the upward trend in the coming years.

I believe part of the bill was that it had to be revenue neutral. I could be wrong though

The new, New Math.
Your really think for a second this is where it’ll end? Nobody cuts off the hand that feeds them. Especially a government entity. Look a price changes in tags throughout the West in the past 5 years several tags went up in cost several times.

I believe part of the bill was that it had to be revenue neutral. I could be wrong though
I heard that also, there you have it. Someone’s paying. If the math doesn’t jive maybe the outfitters association would have the answer 😉

Your really think for a second this is where it’ll end? Nobody cuts off the hand that feeds them. Especially a government entity. Look a price changes in tags throughout the West in the past 5 years several tags went up in cost several times.
I think all day long that 147% of 1/2 of X is less than X. Of course, this is the new age of alternative facts so maybe 2 + 2 is 27 or something like that.

I think all day long that 147% of 1/2 of X is less than X. Of course, this is the new age of alternative facts so maybe 2 + 2 is 27 or something like that.
I guess we’re done here! Let me know down the road it those Wyoming tags cost the non resident the same as this proposal. Being revenue neutral where’s the money from the loss coming from. 2+2 is 27 might very well be the math in the Wyoming legislature.

Non residents have paid the freight for fish and game in many western states. That won't change. It's pretty easy to predict the future. Non residents don't vote, residents do. That might not be fair, but when has life been fair?

This has Rob Shaul all over it. I’m not going to post a link and give him more web traffic, but he’s a wealthy dude out of Jackson who believes there should be less NR opportunity in WY, and that the loss of revenue should be paid for by those same NRs (ironic for someone from Jackson, and whose web-business probably pulls in more $$ from NR than residents). I agree with some of his points of view regarding some other issues of fair chase ethics and social media, but he’s lost me on this issue. Not only because I’m a NR in WY, but because don’t think there’s actually a problem where residents have worse draw odds than NRs. If residents think they need a higher percentage of tags, their tags and licenses should make up the revenue gap.

I am fine with that. I am just glad that they are willing to give us NR a chance to hunt their public lands
this is the biggest crock. Feds need to step in and say we regulate tags on BLM and we will take the license fees for BLM. Like an indian reservation. Its not "their" land

Back