Alaska trip

Kill some animals?

Sorry but most guides up here were booked 8 months ago. Try Tony Dingis at [email protected]. He hunts out of the Lake Clark area and may have some late cancellations.

Remember that we live in a connected world and statements like kill a griz and some other animals make the hunting community look like a bunch of red necks. Image man!

Jason - I'd think you could still pull that off. Somebody always has a cancellation hunt. Some good outfitters I am familiar with include; Curly Warren, Tony Lee, & Bob Adams. They all have web sites.
Fall bear hunting is generally slightly lower odds than spring hunts. I'd do another species such as moose, plus buy a bear tag hoping to pick it up on a trophy fee. Going that route, it will be the cheapest brown bear available if you luck out.
Another idea is to check with booking agent Jack Atcheson & Sons. They have a large network of reputable outfitters and may be aware of a cancellation.

Looks like the Atchesons will be able to hook me up.

Now the question is 50' boat as a cabin glassing the bays and fishing, black bear for extra money.

Spike tent with spot and stalk.

Or cabin in the woods with little boat up the river???

Jason, depends on your comfort level. Me, personnally, I want to see AK, so I would go for the tent/spot and stalk. Being on a boat and seeing not much more than a coast line doesnt sound like fun, comfortable grant it. Unless you get out and hike in from the coast. scenery would be great but get me in the mtns.

You won't go wrong with any of those routes, so long as you are with a reputable outfitter, and thru Atchesons you most likely will be. I've gone 100% successful on every hunt booked through them.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back