Caribou Gear

Alaska meat transportation

Maybe refrigerated is a risk if your bags get delayed. I was going to freeze but as mentioned by others was having a hard time finding anyone on a holiday weekend. The freezer in the hotel room just wasn't big enough but the refrigerator was. Perhaps with Caribou you'd want it figured out more proper.

Yeah, but you don't want to freeze, thaw, refreeze, either. I think putting the boned meat into coolers with cold packs and checking them as bags is my best bet

That’s hilarious but I guess we do what we have too. Thanks for sharing the picture. First I’ve seen and I’ve been searching for info on getting antlers back home. Can’t find any “splitting” of skulls info.

That’s hilarious but I guess we do what we have too. Thanks for sharing the picture. First I’ve seen and I’ve been searching for info on getting antlers back home. Can’t find any “splitting” of skulls info.

Don't over think the process. Saw the skullcap in half, nest the antlers. Fasten together securely. Pad all points. Apply label and check as baggage.
If you're planning on a euro-mount, this method WON"T work. You'd then need to saw the antlers from the skull, in order to nest them.

I put my caribou in a freeser for a night and then carried on all the bones out meat in a dry bag in my SG Meat shelf. I also had a full yeti soft sided cooler full of salmon under my seat.

Friendly disclaimer... This is NOT the cheapest way to do it, but...
I had my moose processed at Delta Meats and for a small charge they deliver the meat to the airport in Fairbanks and throw it on a plane via Air Freight. It showed up in Phoenix the next morning, got picked up after work and was still frozen solid. Now, like I said, NOT CHEAP! When it was all said and done it cost me $1041.26 for about 350lbs of processed meat.

My plan is to use Alaska trophy express formally Alaska express trucking. Give them a call, great guys.

I had my moose processed at Delta Meats, then shipped Air Cargo to Phoenix. Showed up in the AM while I was at work and when I picked it up that evening it was still frozen solid. Now... This was not cheap. Cost me $1041 to get it processed and shipped down. 353lbs of processed meat.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back