Alaska Fish and Game People are very nice!

npaden

So I nearly forgot the December 15th deadline and was applying for the draw tags on my phone yesterday afternoon. I went through my applications and submitted and bought them and then went to do my sons. Well one of the main reasons we were applying was to do a party application on black bear for POW and I did an individual application on mine. Mistake #1. Then I went through trying to figure out if I could fix that and realized I had bought a 2021 hunting license instead of a 2022 license which is the one I would need if we actually drew the black bear tag and would save me $160 of buying a license each year to apply. Mistake #2. Then I was still trying to figure out how to fix that when I realized somehow the guide information didn't get included on my sheep application so that was going to be a waste of that application. Mistake #3. LOL. What a mess!

So a few phone calls to ADFG and everyone is super nice even though I'm going down to the deadline and when it is all said and done they can't delete my black bear app but they can move it to a different species so they move those 6 choices to moose and that clears my black bear back up so I can do the party application with my son. They tell me to buy a 2022 license and then request a refund of the 2021 license and then go into some change tool and update my license on all my applications to the 2022 license and in that same change tool I can fix the guide information on the sheep applications.

Everything worked out and the end result was that I now have a moose application that I don't have any idea about.

Was still a pretty positive experience and thought it was worth sharing. Most of the time we just bitch about the bad things with fish and game and I thought I would share a positive experience where they helped me out in spite of my stupidity and procrastination! LOL.

Hoping to draw the POW tag and be hunting with my son in 2022!

100% I find myself being quick to leave a negative "yelp" review but don't do as good a job about leaving positive reviews.

I tossed my hat in the ring for 2022 POW as well, good luck!

As the owner or co-owner of three small business with a combined sales of $800,000 I can say that when a customer posts a positive review, whether on YELP, Google, facebook, instagram, etc... it means the world to small business owners.

Awesome to hear that they were pleasant. I have a few friends who are Game and Fish officers and they are some of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back