PEAX Equipment

Alaska draw results are posted

Man I swear you hit a long shot tag every year! Congrats!

I wish! I have had more than my share of luck on the draws though! My big long shot tags that I've draw are a unit 36 elk tag in New Mexico in 2010, Mountain Goat in Wyoming in 2014 and now this.

Most of my other tags are just drawing a couple years earlier than when I otherwise would have drawn with preference points. It also helps that I'm applying in 8 or 9 states every year for just about every species they have. This is a very cool tag to draw, but I would give it up in a second for a sheep tag anywhere in the lower 48 (other than the unlimited in Montana :))

I already have a couple contacts in the Anchorage area and one of them has a brother in Delta Junction and the other just helped someone else out with the tag in 2017 so hopefully this can be a fun hunt. The Alaska bison tag is WAY cheaper than most of the lower 48 bison tags so I can justify a little extra travel cost.

Congrats to everyone else that drew!

Black bear for me. No luck on caribou, which given the low odds such result is not a suprise. Didn't do my usual AK bison apps this year, as I'm still chowing on my UT bison from last year.

Good luck to all who drew. Alaska is such a remarkable place.

Now that I drew, how do I pay for my tag? Will they just charge the credit card on file? Or do I have to get back on the website??

Now that I drew, how do I pay for my tag? Will they just charge the credit card on file? Or do I have to get back on the website??

Go online and buy your locking tag. They will mail it to you. Or, buy it when you get there, but that is a roll of the dice if you are headed to a very rural area. I order mine online, at least a month before I go.

Go online and buy your locking tag. They will mail it to you. Or, buy it when you get there, but that is a roll of the dice if you are headed to a very rural area. I order mine online, at least a month before I go.

OK, thanks! I also remembered that we can shoot any species of lesser value (we have 2 moose tags, so if we get one down maybe we will go after caribou - 2 moose would be way too much meat to transport home, I think) so we need to print harvest tickets for that species as well, although those don't seem to be available until July.

First year in the draw, first year resident (and new forum member). Drew DE713 and DC827.
Not ruling out getting flown in for DC827 (Caribou, Unit 20A, Central Alaska Range), but planned to hike-in when applying. Anyone do this hunt recently...by foot or air?

Last edited:
First year in the draw, first year resident (and new forum member). Drew DE713 and DC827.
Not ruling out getting flown in for DC827 (Caribou, Unit 20A, Central Alaska Range), but planned to hike-in when applying. Anyone do this hunt recently...by foot or air?
I drew the same 827 tag, any luck on info

Back