Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Alaska Brown bear hunt

Thumper

Aksai, Kazakhstan via Covington Louisiana
Well, time to get serious and start to plan a 2002 trip to hunt brown Bears in Alaska! Would also consider a moose and Griz combo!

I have a few connections, but would like to ask the members if they know of an outfitter that runs a top notch Brown Bear hunt at a reasonable price!
Any suggestions??

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Hey Thumper,

My Father-in-law went a few years back.
It was a Moose & Either one of the following >>>Griz/wolf/sheep combo.
He had good success I think anyway.
He got a 55" moose & a B&C Grizzly.
Dad really wanted the dall sheep, but it did'nt work out.

I think it was around 10K, but i'll ask.
It was a back country horseback hunt for 2 weeks I think. I know it was pretty rough!
If you want me to get details, e-mail me.
JB

Thumper me and my dad went on a brown bear hunt last year in coldbay Alaska, had a great time the outfitter we went with was great they only take 5 hunters out a year so you wont have competition within your own outfitter. they are topnotch outfitters. if you want I will get some info for you? I would also recommend going in the fall BIGGER bear better hair. Average 9.5 foot. Let me know. good luck!!!!!
Originally posted by Thumper:
Well, time to get serious and start to plan a 2002 trip to hunt brown Bears in Alaska! Would also consider a moose and Griz combo!

I have a few connections, but would like to ask the members if they know of an outfitter that runs a top notch Brown Bear hunt at a reasonable price!
Any suggestions??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back