Al Qaeda Calls for Massive Forest Fires in Montana-ABC News

Who needs Al Qaeda when you have the Colorado State Forest Service. The Lower North Fork Fire was a disaster for the forest service. It's a shame none of the people responsible for the loss of life and considerable property damage will be held accountable.

Who needs Al Qaeda when you have the Colorado State Forest Service. The Lower North Fork Fire was a disaster for the forest service. It's a shame none of the people responsible for the loss of life and considerable property damage will be held accountable.

Why is that? I live in a ex-cow pasture, I can assure you the risk of me dying in a wildfire is slim to none. However, if I lived in a "forest" I can certainly say that is a risk that I would understand and accept. So should everyone else.

If you live in the inner city you should expect to be mugged. If you live in a timbered forest in the west you should understand a fire has the potential to smoke your azz at anytime.

Last edited:
It reminds me of WWII history when Japan was to set the west on fire by releasing balloons that carry phosphorus. It didn't work either.

Trying to place blame on the current land mangers for a 100 years of fire suppression is asinine at best. What is your suggestion on how to fix the current problem?

I realize that there is inherent risk of fire living in the mountains and for those people that did not use firewise recommendations to protect there property, shame on them. My problem with the CSFS is their slow reaction time once the prescribed burn got out of control. My other issue is the lack of accountability for those involved. If you or I had accidentally set that fire we would be out on bail or sitting in a cell. I don't know what a good fix would be, but I do hope the CSFS can recover from this.

Trying to place blame on the current land mangers for a 100 years of fire suppression is asinine at best. What is your suggestion on how to fix the current problem?

Burn baby burn! I say we let Terry Barton run the USFS. She gave life to the Pike Natl Forest in 2002.

Burn baby burn! I say we let Terry Barton run the USFS. She gave life to the Pike Natl Forest in 2002.

I say burn the whole state down if we can shoot bucks like this:D Yuppies in mountain "estates" be damned.

Attachments

• ftkylel-7.jpg
    ftkylel-7.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 273
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back