After market triggers

cornfed

Any body use them?What kind(company),and what trigger pull do you like them set at.Just wondering about them.I would guess that they would increase your accuracy but don't have any experience with them.What comments do the shooting experts on here have to say about them.

My neighbor builds custom guns and he puts Jewell Triggers in everything. Depending on what the gun is for, varmints or big game might depend on trigger pull. He shoots a 4 oz. for varmints and I'm not sure what he uses for big game. I shoot a 2 lb. pull in my big game rifle and I don't think I would want any less than that.

There are several good aftermarket triggers that work for several different types of rifles. Jewel is among the best, but Timney works better on Mauser type actions. Do you have a specific rifle that you want to retrigger?

Last edited:
Put a timney on a savge model 116 once easy to install and makes a big difference. I shoot about 2lbs also of tigger weight with very little creep.

Danr, not looking at installing one yet.The tough times were under I had to find a part time job and you quessed it.Its machining and assembling triggers.Don't know much yet about them so I thought I'd ask a few questions.Business is good though thanks to the last election.

I used a Timney on a 03 Springfield, set for 2 pounds. I have a Rifle Basix on a Marlin .22 Mag that is set much lower - about 1 pound. I have a Rifle Basix for a Savage 110, but I have not installed it as I was able to get the factory trigger set "okay" not great, but okay.

Well, who do you assemble triggers for? Sounds interesting. I'm getting ready to build another Winchester Mod. 70 action. I'll be looking for a trigger soon.

stay away from the rifle basics, love the timmney u cant go wrong.

I have a custom m-96 in 257 Roberts with a Timney triger, I dont have any ecperiance with anything else but when I have the money I will put one on my Ruger 7mm. I would say easy install and ease to adjust would keep me using these trigers exclusivl. just my .02

Back