MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Adjusting trigger pull

Rooster52

I have been working on adjusting the trigger on my Savage 111 with Accutrigger. Had it down to 1.5 pounds,a little lite so I got it back to 2 pounds It was very easy.

Got to work with my Browning XBOLT next.I have never worked with an XBOLT trigger but they say they are adjustable.Would like it at 2 pounds also.
2 pounds to me is a good setting for a hunting rifle .With or without gloves it feels right to me.

There are some aftermarket replacement springs for Browning that are crisp and allow down to 1.5#....well worth the $

2 lbs for a hunting rifle? A bit light but I guess it's like anything else. Everyone else is doing it. I like 3 to 3.5. mtmuley

I'm like rooster. 2-2.5 is just right for my rifles.

Let us know how the trigger job on the x bolt goes.

Backed off the trigger screw adjuster till it was almost out and the best it will get down to is a little over 3 pound pull on the Xbolt. Might just live with it like that rather than replacing the spring.

Backed off the trigger screw adjuster till it was almost out and the best it will get down to is a little over 3 pound pull on the Xbolt. Might just live with it like that rather than replacing the spring.

Spring will only cost you about $15- $20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back