Active Discouragement

This somewhat reminds me of the Missoula Police Officer who made a comment regarding the UM investigation of assault claims...

Mayor Engen apologized for his "over reaction" to the Officer's off duty e-mail.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/mi...cle_1d9664b6-a39b-11e1-932a-001a4bcf887a.html

Off duty twitter, facebook, e-m,ail, etc... is the opinion of that person should be protected as such. On the flip side, there is no expectation of privacy for statements / photos etc, ALL may be used by attorneys, employment background investigators, etc as an assessment of character and beyond.

Last edited:
As a former public employee, I can state that you better watch were and how you speak.
I ran into it way before tweeks twerks,internet jerks.
Doesn't matter if you are on duty or off.Personal opine or not.
Retribution,retaliation,rebuke.
Say the wrong/right thing somewhere even away from work and you can be passed on promotions for years...or ever.
I spoke at a county meeting on my own time against a housing subdivision near my home.
I was rising star...leader,top contender for next step and never went anywhere after that.
Was told by many friends I was done,toast.
I became the employee rep for our association and got rid of pay enequities instead and reached parody in 4 years after being 18% behind compairable counties.
They offered me early retirement and I said where do I sign....gone.
But not before making/filing a complaint with the Feds against management and the country supers.
I do believe what goes around ,comes around.......

They are still reeling from the results and I'm well out of it .
With the exception on updates from the US Attorney Generals office now and then.
Kinda like getting a birthday card when they do.

Back