Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Accuracy of a NEW Browning BAR Mark 3

Cornbread

Just bought a NEW/Never Shot Browning BAR Mark 3 in .300 win mag. Got it a week ago and finally around 4 boxes of various bullet weights in hunting bullets. I have a friend who will eventually work up a custom load for me. Does anybody know what kind of groups these rifles will do? What are they capable of doing? I suppose they are not as good as a bolt action, but how much worse. Should I expect less than 1" groups out of it?

No experience with the 300 but do have the BAR in 270. Always shot right at 1”. It’s my primary whitetail rifle.

I had a BAR in 30-06 that shot about an inch at 100 yards. I would be happy with that from any semi-auto rifle.

About 10 years ago I knew 4 Hawaiian fellows that flew into Cortez to hunt with an outfitter that I used several elk first seasons in Dolores. They all carried 30-06 BAR topped with identical VXL 3.5x10x56 and spoke well of their accuracy.

This is what I was hoping to hear. I got 3 boxes of ammo to try with different hunting-bullet weights for a first try at the range. I put a Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 scope on it with the Impact29 reticle. A friend is going to work me up custom loads eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back