Access east of Yampa CO

jvanhoy

I have a second season deer tag for the unit east of Yampa CO. I’m wondering if any of the roads I’m seeing on the map access national forest off HWY 131 specifically the Green ridge area. CO hunting atlas shows open FS roads and I can see them cut through private on the map back to HWY 131 but can’t find anything that shows if they are open to the public. If not familiar to that area does anyone just have any suggestions on how to find out what roads are open to the public in CO. Thanks

A good start would be to check the MVUM. There is a layer for that in OnX but it can be found elsewhere, too.

I have it enabled on the hunting atlas but it only shows the roads on public. As soon as it hits private it no longer shows. I’m not sure if that means they are not open to the public or the map just don’t show them on private. I can follow the roads out on satellite view to the HWY but I’m afraid most I’m looking at will be gated.

I have a second season deer tag for the unit east of Yampa CO. I’m wondering if any of the roads I’m seeing on the map access national forest off HWY 131 specifically the Green ridge area. CO hunting atlas shows open FS roads and I can see them cut through private on the map back to HWY 131 but can’t find anything that shows if they are open to the public. If not familiar to that area does anyone just have any suggestions on how to find out what roads are open to the public in CO. Thanks
Feel free to PM me. I might have some insight for your upcoming hunt.

The only way to get up on green ridge is through Toponas.There is an outfitter up there but plenty of room for everyone.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back